Thursday, March 18, 2010

Book Review - Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters

The Sea Of Monsters is the second book in the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series. When Thalia's tree is poisoned and the borders of Camp Half-Blood begin to fail, Percy and his friend Annabeth set out to find the Golden Fleece and Grover, who is held captive by a monster. Along the way, they are accompinied by someone else and Percy learns something he never knew about his family. On their quest, they must sail through the Sea of Monsters, running into old friends during the dangerous journey. Once they have possesion of the Golden Fleece, they can return it to Camp Half-Blood and restore the magical borders that protect the camp. But, the Fleece does something more than everyone expected.

I'm going to start off saying that I loved the book! I enjoyed reading this book as much as the first in the series, and look forward to reading the rest. All of the events in The Sea Of Monsters were very exciting! I liked what the author, Rick Riordan, did with the ending a lot. I liked some of the new characters in the book, also. I stayed up at night until I was told to go to bed just to read this book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone ages ten and up.
My Rating: ✯✯✯✯✯

No comments: