Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Book Review - Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief


The Lightning Thief  by Rick Riordan is about a twelve year old boy named Percy Jackson. He has ADHD, dyslexia, and Percy has been kicked out of every boarding school he's gone to. His stepfather wants absolutley nothing to do with him, and his mom is really the only person in the world who really cares for him. After almost being killed, Percy is taken to Camp Half-Blood. There, he learns something he never knew. He is the son of Poseidon, the Sea God. In the midst of that, Zeus's Master Bolt is stolen, and the first person that Zeus suspects is Poseidon. Percy is sent on a quest with his good friends Annabeth and Grover to retrieve the Master Bolt from the Underworld, and return it to Zeus by the summer solstice.

After finishing The Lightning Thief, I instantly wanted more. I though it was a great book full of such interesting adventures and characters. I just loved the idea in the book that the gods had many other children and at Camp Half-Blood, they get to stay in a cabin with the other children of their mother or father. When the author described the setting of the camp, I really wanted to be there, in the story! It sounded so magical and exciting, also scary though! All of the different creatures in The Lightning Thief are so different and I think that the author, Rick Riordan, did a fantastic job at making each character so special. Whenever a character would smile, I found myself smiling too! I got completely lost in the story! I would reccomend The Lightning Thief to children ages nine and up.
My Rating: ✮✮✮✮✮
                                                                           ~
Today, my mom commented on how most of my ratings for books are five stars. I told her it's because I only read good books. :)

4 comments:

ParaGoddess Press said...

Your reviews are getting better each time. You're doing such a great job - your writing and cognitive understanding are spot on. Well done honey, and keep on reading!

Hugs and Love,
Mommy :)

SpiritChaser said...

Great review... my 11 year old daughter read this book and your review made me want to read it as well! Well done on your new journey. I love the personal comment thrown in at the end : ) Keep up the good work!

Nadia Romanov said...

Great Review! I just shared your review with her and now this book is on her 'must read' list.

Very well done! Keep it up!

I ♥ Books said...
This comment has been removed by the author.